Langley Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation
The goal of the Occupational Rehabilitation 1 / Work Conditioning Program is to return injured workers safely to the work place through active rehabilitation and education. Daily treatment consists of four hours of individually structured exercise specific to the injury and work demands of the client. While participating in the program each injured worker receives:
1. Individual assessment performed by the physiotherapist – A doctor’s referral is not needed for Private and ICBC physiotherapy patients, however, if you have a doctor’s referral or any other medical diagnostics relating to you issue please bring it to your appointment. We recommend all patients covered under a WCB claim provide us with a copy of your doctor’s referral for faster approval of physiotherapy treatment.
2. Program orientation and goal setting – involving a tour of the clinic and gym, program objectives, participation and compliance and return to work expectations.
3. Patient education – includes group and individual education on injury mechanism, injury prevention, proper lifting and biomechanics, the role of exercise in recovery, nutrition and life style.
5. Injury specific and general strengthening – focussed on the client’s specific area, aimed at optimizing strength and endurance to enable a safe return to the work place.
6. Work simulation – created to match the client’s work demands at discharge.
7. Return to work planning – through communication with the employer, attending physician and case manager. Plans vary from full time, full duties to graduated hours with modified duties depending upon the client’s level of function at discharge.
HealthX Physical Therapy is committed to ongoing injury prevention following discharge from our care by providing clients with independent exercise routines and comprehensive education on optimal lifestyle practices. At discharge each client is invited to provide feedback through a satisfaction questionnaire to enable effective quality assurance.
The program is supervised 100 % of the time and can be modified in order to meet the specific needs of the client. Length of program varies depending upon the level of rehabilitation required and the clients usually attend 5 days per week.
Healthx Physiotherapy in Langley and Whistler provides Occupational Rehabilitation for WCB and Private Insurers. Occupational Rehabilitation programs are generally 3-6 weeks in duration. If required, Occupational Rehabilitation involves Graduated Return to Work Planning and Job Site Visits.
Our excellent relationship with WorkSafeBC stems from years of experience helping injured workers.
Healthx uses the facilities of a 45,000 sq. foot gym space at Fitness Unlimited in Langley that includes:
- an indoor running track
- women’s only fitness area
- dedicated gym space for Occupational Rehabilitation
- quiet stretch rooms
- shower and locker facilities
Healthx Whistler uses the comprehensive facilities of the beautiful Meadow Park Sports Centre, which includes a pool, hot tub, and sauna.
Schedule an Appointment
Request More Information
Langley’s leading physiotherapy clinic for advanced physical therapy services and treatments.
PARTNERS IN YOUR CARE