ACTIVE REHABILITATION PROGRAM
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM ACTIVE REHABILITATION?
ACTIVE PHYSIO PROGRAM INFORMATION
Our Active Physical Therapy Program is led by a highly experienced physiotherapist that is trained for many years in work conditioning and personal training. The goal of the program is to help increase strength, flexibility, function and general conditioning to individuals after an injury. Individuals that are most suitable for this active physical rehab program are those involved in a motor vehicle accident, and work related injuries. The program will help clients return to normal function safely and efficiently.
- The Active Rehabilitation Program consists of 30 minutes of one-on-one active exercise supervised by the Kinesiologist or Physiotherapist followed by 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise.
- Appointments are usually 2 – 3 times per week over 6 – 8 weeks depending on individual needs.
- Objective Outcome Measures are performed on each evaluation for accurate documentation of progress and recovery.
- The exercise program is prescribed by the physiotherapist who performs the initial assessment and subsequent discharge assessment.
- Clients are given professional support through education and coping strategies for pain management to minimise reliance on passive therapy and medication.
- Clients are discharged with the recommendation of a sponsored gym pass or home based exercise routine allowing them to take control of their recovery.
- Our main goal in the Active Rehabilitation Program is to provide clients with increased resolution of symptoms and independence in their recovery through a repeatable structured exercise routine.