Who would benefit from Active Rehabilitation?
ICBC covers the fees for 12 Active Rehabilitation sessions as part of your MVA accident benefits.
This gym-based active rehabilitation program is also useful for those clients who have completed physiotherapy treatment but have lingering physical issues with respect to their original injuries.
Active Physio Program Information (aka Active Rehabilitation)
Our Active Physical Therapy Program is led by a Kinesiologist who has specialized experience in work conditioning and personal training. The goal of the program is to help increase strength, flexibility, function and general conditioning to individuals after an injury. Individuals that are most suitable for this active physical rehab program are those involved in a motor vehicle accident and work related injuries. The program will help clients return to normal function safely and efficiently.
- The Active Rehabilitation Program consists of 30 minutes of one-on-one active exercise supervised by the Kinesiologist or Physiotherapist followed by 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise.
- Appointments are usually 2 – 3 times per week over 6 – 8 weeks depending on individual needs.
- Objective Outcome Measures are performed on each evaluation for accurate documentation of progress and recovery.
- The exercise program is prescribed by the physiotherapist who performs the initial assessment and subsequent discharge assessment.
- Clients are given professional support through education and coping strategies for pain management to minimise reliance on passive therapy and medication.
- Clients are discharged with the recommendation of a sponsored gym pass or home based exercise routine allowing them to take control of their recovery.
- Our main goal in the Active Rehabilitation Program is to provide clients with increased resolution of symptoms and independence in their recovery through a repeatable structured exercise routine.
Schedule an Appointment
Request More Information
“When I started my private rehabilitation sessions with Jennilee, I was completely overwhelmed with lingering physical limitations. Her positive attitude, genuine approach and specific attention motivated me to push through my pain, and take back my life. The level of professionalism, knowledge, attention, and care surpassed all of my expectations. I can’t thank Jennilee enough for leading me down a path of recovery and supporting me every step of the way.”
Desirée Patterson, Surrey BC
Langley’s leading physiotherapy clinic for advanced physical therapy services and treatments.
PARTNERS IN YOUR CARE