Physiotherapy After a Car Accident
25 physiotherapy sessions and 12 active rehabilitation sessions are covered free of charge for people injured in a car accident after April 1, 2019, as part of the new ICBC part 7 benefits package.
Rehabilitation for car accident recovery, whiplash associated disorders (WAD), or more plainly soft tissue injuries because of a car crash can be extremely painful and life-disrupting. At Healthx Physiotherapy we have extensive experience at relieving the pain and promoting fast recovery.
Begin your MVA recovery by scheduling an appointment with our highly trained physiotherapists. We have worked with many hundreds of ICBC patients over the years and are proud of our patient recovery outcomes.
- 25 pre-approved physiotherapy sessions are covered with active ICBC claims.
- 12 pre-approved active rehabilitation sessions are also covered with active claims.
- The physiotherapy and active rehabilitation sessions are valid for and must commence within 90 days of the date of accident.
- Your therapist will request treatment extensions if needed.
- Doctor’s referral is not required.
- Call our office to schedule an appointment and state your claim number and date of injury.
- Often patients will think their injuries are too acute and painful to begin treatment, but rest assured our trained therapists will be focused on reducing your pain initially before moving on to the recovery phase of treatment.
OK, I have an idea how physiotherapy can help with my MVA recovery, but what on earth is Active Rehabilitation?
Active Rehabilitation FAQs:
- Active Rehabilitation (AR) is a prescribed exercise program specific to your injury that helps you recover faster with the goal of returning you to your pre-injury strength and function. (In fact, many of our patients report “better than before” outcomes and incorporate their prescribed exercise program into their daily lifestyle on completion of the covered sessions.)
- Your Active Rehabilitation program will be customized to your specific injury and biomechanical needs and is supervised one on one by our experienced kinesiologist who specializes in post MVA recovery.
- Healthx patients use a state of the art work-out facility in Fitness Unlimited Gym featuring an extensive ladies-only wing.
- While your initial AR sessions will be focused on reducing your pain and begin with some light stretches, it is important you remain as active as possible in the acute phase.
- Research has shown that soft tissue heals faster and stronger through movement rather than rest and isolation. So even though it hurts to try to get out for walks during the day and perform regular stretching, you should try your best to do what you can. This will reduce your recovery time and prevent complications down the road.
- Through a combination of approaches specific to your situation, we will reduce the muscle spasm and inflammation and help you on the road to recovery. As the symptoms improve you will progress your strengthening exercises and increase your level of activity.
- Your practitioner customizes a structured exercise gym program through our Active Rehabilitation Program which promotes independence in recovery. For those patients unable to work due to their injuries we provide an Occupational Rehabilitation Program which is tailored to the specific injured areas and work demands of the job.
Whatever your situation you can be assured that our team of physiotherapists and kinesiologists will make you feel better and improve your quality of life.
Schedule an Appointment
Request More Information
“Thanks to Matt at Healthx I have been able to get back to the track the fastest. IMS treatments have helped heal me incredibly. After all the doctors, physiotherapists and chiropractors, Matt is by far the most helpful.”
Miranda Gregory, Langley Mustangs Track & Field
Langley’s leading physiotherapy clinic for advanced physical therapy services and treatments.
PARTNERS IN YOUR CARE