Workplace Injury Physiotherapy
Healthx is part of the WorkSafeBC preferred provider network of physiotherapists who assist injured workers with their symptom relief and injury recovery from workplace accidents.
Injuries at work are very common and can stem from slips and falls, stepping awkwardly, tripping hazards, heavy and repetitive lifting, accidents, etc. These incidents result in ankle and knee sprains, shoulder strains, back pain, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, concussion, fractures, and other muscle and joint pain.
Our highly trained physiotherapists have been working with WorkSafeBC patients for many years and can help you recover from these injuries and to return to normal work function in a safe and timely manner. With Healthx Physiotherapy, the point of difference for WorkSafeBC patients is that we actively treat injuries with manual therapy and advanced treatment techniques such as IMS or Shockwave Therapy rather than just relying on passive modalities and heat. Graded prescribed rehabilitation exercise is crucial to enhancing recovery and accelerating soft tissue healing. Our clinical team has many years of experience treating work injuries and helping our patients recover in a safe and integrated environment. Your Physiotherapist will make sure that you are ready for any light or modified work and will always get your approval before starting any scheduled return to work plan.
WorksafeBC coverage FAQ’s:
- If you are involved in a workplace accident, it is important to report the incident to your workplace supervisor right away and consult a physician. Obtain a WCB claim number.
- 15 sessions of physiotherapy are fully covered for accepted claims, provided you see a physiotherapist within 60 days of injury.
- If your injury is greater than 60 days ago, then a doctor’s referral is required. When you have the doctors note, call our office to schedule an appointment.
- If your claim is pending, your first physiotherapy appointment is also covered by WorksafeBC and can be helpful in speeding up the approval of a pending claim.
- It is important to be seen by our physiotherapists as soon as possible after a work injury to begin promoting your recovery. Please state your claim number and date of injury when scheduling an appointment.
For more information please visit worksafebc.com
Schedule an Appointment
Request More Information
“Thanks to Matt at Healthx I have been able to get back to the track the fastest. IMS treatments have helped heal me incredibly. After all the doctors, physiotherapists and chiropractors, Matt is by far the most helpful.”
Miranda Gregory, Langley Mustangs Track & Field
Langley’s leading physiotherapy clinic for advanced physical therapy services and treatments.
PARTNERS IN YOUR CARE