Physiotherapy for Kids and Youth
Children who are active and growing will likely complain of aches and pain in various areas of their body. These issues may resolve with time but sometimes continue to affect their quality of life. HealthX offers professional physiotherapy services for children to treat any issue that may arise.
Some of the common issues that children will experience are:
- Ligament Sprains of the ankle, knee, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Muscular tears of the hamstrings, quadriceps, calf, groin and hip flexor
- Neck, mid and low back strains
- Shin splints
- Osgood Schlatters Disease (inferior knee pain)
- Rotator cuff tears and strains (shoulder injuries)
- Scoliosis of the spine
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) sprains and tears (acute knee injuries)
- Avulsion fractures
- Sever’s Disease (acute heel pain)
- Patello-Femoral Syndrome (knee pain)
- Whiplash injuries from sports or motor vehicle accidents (MVA)
At Healthx Physical Therapy you can be confident that our therapists have the expertise to treat and resolve these common issues and facilitate the return to normal activity and sport for your children. Your first step is to book an assessment with our physiotherapists who will determine a diagnosis, treatment plan and advice on activity modification in the short term to achieve the optimal outcome.
It’s important to recognize that children will rarely complain of ongoing pain unless there is an underlying cause that needs addressing by a health care professional. We do not need a doctor’s referral and can see your child directly. But if you’re more comfortable consulting your attending physician first we certainly encourage contact with your doctor. Call or email us today to schedule an appointment.
For developmental delay, congenital abnormalities and neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida we recommend a specialist pediatric physiotherapy clinic such as http://www.kidsphysio.ca/
Schedule an Appointment
Request More Information
Langley’s leading physiotherapy clinic for advanced physical therapy services and treatments.
PARTNERS IN YOUR CARE